In 1859 a plot of land was leased for a Baptist Chapel on the north side of Chapel Lane at a ground rent of £2.8s. 0d. The Chapel was opened in 1860.
When this land and the original chapel were sold to the Metropolitan Railway in April 1885 for £125, it was part of the deal that the Railway Company would lease an alternative site; this was on the corner of Marsh Road, where the Jewish Synagogue now stands.
The second church was more than double the size of the first, reflecting the growth in membership. By the turn of the century the church needed larger premises and in 1905 a deposit of £10 was paid for the current site in Paines Lane, but it took another 3 years before enough money had been raised to complete the purchase of the site and begin building.
Foundation stones were laid in October 1909 and on 21 April 1910 the present church building was opened.
In 1953 the church purchased land at the rear of the church reaching down to the River Pinn and plans went ahead in 1958 to extend by adding the hall at the rear, including a stage 3 classrooms and toilets. The new buildings were opened in December 1961.
The next 50 years saw many changes, with improvements in heating, electrical and sound systems, use of modern technology, refurbishing the kitchen and toilets, and the need to maintain and improve the buildings.
By the time the centenary was celebrated in 2010 the church buildings were being used by many local groups and a regular day nursery, in order to help with rising costs and, eventually, the land at the back was sold to the Pinn Medical Centre, making it possible to considerably improve the church heating system and also providing the capital for part of the major refurbishment in 2017.
The church has always been blessed by the generosity and hard work of so many people, who have had the vision to continue the worship at Paines Lane, putting their faith in Jesus Christ at the centre, while still dealing with finding the ways and means.to keep everything going. Pinner Baptist Church in Paines Lane has been a place of prayer and worship for almost 110 years and continues the journey as it welcomes new members and reaches out to the local community today.